From Aladdin to De Dana Dan to Radio – the upcoming movies promises to be ‘Azab-Ghazab’
- Aladdin – Release Date 30 Oct’09 – Amitabh magic is back. This is one Amitabh we all loved to see. Naughty lke in Namak Hallal and Daughty like in Sharabi. The songs are catchy and reminds of the Big B we adored. The movie inspite of its romantic track would be likeable for the Big B and a crazy-villain Sanjay Dutt. The lead pair of Reitesh Deshmukh and Jaqueline looks innocent and impressive though. The film would be latched up by the kids and their parents. A winner in all probability unless the Director, Sujoy Ghosh, messes the tale, which looks unlikely. Recommendation – if you love your kid smiling go for this healthy entertainment. Would be a family delight.
- London Dreams – Release date 30 Oct’09 – Vipul Shah is a film maker whom we can trust to deliver a cinematic experience. The movie looks in ‘Waqt‘ mode after his previous two Punjabi tadkas of Namaste London and Singh is King. Would be a tear-jerker story of friendship and betrayls. Recommendation – if you love cinema than this movie should be unavoidable. Would be money’s worth. Trust me.
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani – Release Date 6 Nov’2009 – Rajkumar Santoshi is a film maker who will always deliver what He promises. Exception being Lajja. We cannot judge his creativity with the B.O collections. If its comedy that it would be a landmark like Andaz Apna Apna and if action then Ghayal or Ghatak and if intense then Halla Bol. As a cinema lover you cannot discount his movie-making abilities. This time he joins with TIPS to make a comedy APKGK. Ranvir and Katrina looks Hot. The promos are evoking a serious laughter and my hunch says that the flick will click like anything. Recommendation – Would be biggest grosser for 2009 (till Kurbaan and 3 Idiots takes over). Paisa vasool entertainment for sure.
- Jail – Release date 6 Nov’09 – Madhur Bhandarkar would be releasing a film afetr successful imitation of real life in Page 3, Chandni Bar, Corporate and Fashion. Unlike all these Jail is being released with huge expectations. This may cause its drawback. The promos look intense and songs are chalu. Recommendation – the movie will drown in APKGK hurricane. Over expectations from the film and film maker will mar the film prospects.
- Tum Mile – Release date 13 Nov’09 – this Emraan Hashmi-Soha Ali Khan starrer is set in rains flooding Mumbai. So like te story the film will also wash-out. The chemistry between the lead pair is non-existent. The songs are routine and plain ordinary. And the publicity that the makers of the film retorted to, the Emraan Hasmi muslim angle, puts shadow of negativity on the film. Recommendation – Tum Mile’s fate would be bad than Jashnn.
- Kurbaan – Release date 20 Nov’2009 – One production house that has evolved itself wit time is Dharma Productions under the aeigis of Karan Johar. Even top banners like Yash Raj Films and Mukta Arts have fallen to mediocre times. What Karan Johar do is that he does not try to create Block Busters, he go for making quality movies. So he make Kaal, he makes Kal Ho Na Ho, Kabhi Alwida Na Kehna or Wake up Sid. All lapped up by masses and classes. Kurbaan is a movie that will be a sure-shot winner. The promos, the story line, the performances all looks damn good. Recommendation – Kurbaan would be the biggest hit of 2009. Quality intense entertainment.
- De Dana Dan – Release date 27 Nov’09 – this Priyadarshan flick would be a no-brainer. It is in Hera Pheri mode. The audience are getting serious and may not vouch for this De Dana Dan. Would wtach the movie in Cine lonly becuase of Priyadarshan’s past reputation. But doubt whether audience will see it. Recommendation -People may prefer to have a dekko on Satellite TV, the BO collections would be dismal
- Radio – Release date 3 Dec’09 – many years back Aashiqui was successful because of effervescent music of Nadeem Shravan, inspite of Rahul Roy and Anu Aggarwal. Himesh’s Radio looks in same mould. The music is outstanding and youthful and the film has a Hrishikesh Mukherjee type of ‘simple’ feel. But would the audience go for a simple movie in multipex parting with 200 bucks for a ticket. Recommendation – would be a DVD circuit Hit.