Look I warned
In my earlier blogs on Review Before Release I charted in territory that was plain dangerous. There-in I would be reviewing movie before their release bsed on the perception they are generating. And look the reviews and Box Office out come have been on mark…
Review Before release Part I – update https://omsherryom.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/review-before-release/
- New York – the review said that the movie is low on expectations and that can prove decisive for the film. It said that if the leading actors John, Katrina and Nein acted with intensities than the movie would be appreciated. These actors have delivered and Movie is a HIT.
- Kambakkhat Ishq – I predicted movie to have a shattering weekend. It happened. Although criticized by most the film had a great opening first week. It finally did an above average business. And a boost to Aki after CC2C debacle.
- Love Aaj Kal – Super Hit. Excellent. The low profile Film Director Imtiyaaz Ali stick to his basic instincts and delievers Gold as I predicted.
- Kaminey – This one I expected to fall flat as it appeared before release that Vishal Bharadwaj have made a masala film. I am happy to be proven wrong. He has made a symbolic action flick with all masala that makes ‘entertainment’. Th BO business was average as this symbolism could not be stomached by even the so called intellect of this country like Shobha De etc, who classified this Kaminey atempt as Vishal’s giving impression that he is Torantino of the Indian Cinema
- Jashnn – I predicted it to be a sentimental youthful flick from Mahesh Bhat camp. Which the movie is. I jotted my hunch – This will surely be a youthful movie. One Hunch about Jashnn – if it fails to click then it will fail badly like Dhokha. If it clicks it will be another Aashiqui.’ This hunch has been proven. The movie was a BO disaster inspite of being a good movie.
- Short-kut – I got some sharp comments when I reviewed it to be a non-starter and a disaster. Comments said that since its a Tamil/Telugu remake of a hit it is a winner but seeing the kind of promo and build-up I predicted that it will be a big flop. And sadly I was right!
Review Before release Part II – update https://omsherryom.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/review-before-release-ii/
- Dil Bole Hadippa – this Hadippa has done below average business. Its another dud from YRF. The film is a flop and below average collections is only because of its low cost (read Taran Adarsh’s comment on bollywoodhungama.com). Rani’s earlier duds with YRF’s like Tara Rum Pum Pum grossed 21 crore, laga chunri mein daag grossed Rs 9.28 cr, Thoda Pyar Thoda Magic grossed 13 crore. This DBH managed to gross 7 crore.!
- Wanted – and look I write ‘right’ as always. Wanted has been appreciated and have been declared a HIT
- Three – flop. It had a tired BO performance. Vikram Bhatt better luck next time. Please serve something new.
- Do Knot Disturb – the film have opened to mix responses. Perhaps the over-expectations generated by a David Dhawan- Govinda combination will make it just an average grosser
- What’s u’r Rashee – I reviewed the movie before its release and said that although it is interesting but its’ not inspiring enough to get people to BO. I predicted that history for Ashutosh Gowriker would repeat. WYR is a Flop.