My take on up-coming blockbusters: New York, Kambhakkt Ishq, Love Aaj Kal, Kaminey, Jashnn & Shortkut – mine review before release of 3 movies is on Mark (NY, KI and Shortkut). Jashnn has released and as anticipated has the potential to touch chords.
- New York – this one from Yashraj Films is full on hype and hope, like any other YRF production. This movie by Kabir Khan is lavishly shot. What goes in favour of New York is that its publicity has been restrained. As such expectations are low. Also movie-lovers will decide to see the movie only after reading the reviews. This is because YRF’s earlier duds like Tashan, Aaja Nachle, Laga Chunri mein Daag, Roadside Romeo which fell below expectations in terms of quality content that is expected from this banner.So New York can be a slow starter. The music is nothing worth to talk about, its routine Pritam compositions. Also stories of music plagiarism in Hai Junoon is giving negative vibes to the movie. The story is obvious from the promos and lot have been heard and read about ‘Muslim victimisation’ post 9/11. Also John Abraham, Neil and Katrina may not be able to provide intensities to their serius roles. Watch out their acting- that will make or braek NEW York.
Verdict after Release by Taran Adarsh: NEW YORK is, without doubt, one of the finest films produced by this premier production house, Yash Raj. Grab a ticket today! http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/13830/index.html
- Kambhakkt Ishq – This will surely be the blockbuster everyone is waiting for. The promos show’s that debuttante Shabbir Khan has sensibly directed KI. The Holywood stars does not look like Item Stars and it appears they fit in the story naturally. Excellent publicity. Excellent star-cast. Excellent music by Anu Mallik. The real entertainer for sure. The story is under wraps with intelligent promos. The curiousity factor is at its peak. For once the audience will rush to their Cinema plexes after a long long time.But keeping fingers crossed as CC2C also happened!
- Love Aaj Kal – this Saif Ali’s Production looks very promising. Good music, simple acting giving impact, freshness in story. Imtiaz Ali will be the ace for LAK. He has shown his story telling abilities in Socha Na Tha and Jab We Met. But.But. History had it when good Director’s are given a large platform they falter. Take Nikhil Advani in CC2C, Madhur Bhandarkar in Aan-Men at work, Nagesh Kukkonoor in 8×10 Tasveer, the list is long. Over expectations an over publicity can undo LAK. The movie looks in Hum-Tum mould.
- Kaminey – iss kaminey se badi ummeedain hain. The promof lookf promifing…coming foon thif kaminey. Shahid Kapoor looks macho. Great acting skills on display, atleast in the promos. Vishal Bharadwaj’s film have dark humour as in Omkara, Makbool. Those films were made for classes bu appealed also to masse. Kaminey looks out and out commercial venture. It is expected to fall flat if Vishal tries to go the Masala way. Songs appear off-beat. Really looking forward to watch kaminey and anticipating that it will fall below expectations.
- Jashnn – Jashnn is a musical film. It appears to be a sentimental love story. This one from The Bhatt Camp looks a winner all the way. It has a relative new star cast. The music sounds same in all Bhatt movies – gangster, awarapan, Jannat, Raaz 2, Dhokha etc. The budget is low so returns are guaranteed. This will surely be a youthful movie. One Hunch about Jashnn – if it fails to click then it will fail badly like Dhokha. If it clicks it will be another Aashiqui.
- Taran Adarsh reviews Jashnn after its release – “On the whole, JASHNN is a moving tale with three USPs – its music, the emotional quotient and the performances by its four actors. Despite some loose ends, it should slowly and steadily win over cinegoers based on these three factors.”
- Shortkut-the con is on – This one from the anil Kapoor ccamp looks a disastar. What can you say of a movie with Jawed khtar as lyricist publicising with ‘patli gali se nikal le’ number. Akshay Khanna-Arshad Warsi seems to be sleeping rather than acting. Neeraj Vora as Director has to prove himself. This Munnabhai-bluffmaster style movie (infact whenever we see Arshad we remember circuit!!!) appears dud. It seems the story of a con man with his buddy getting a heat change due to love for the herione. The villain’s will strke as these lovable cons will have to repay some loan or return some lost diamonds, ha, this is what story appears in promos, meaning to say the film looks stale. Believe me the story will be this much only…Oh God, I pray to be wrong Would be an avoidable stuff.
- Taran Adarsh’s take on Shortkut after its release: On the whole, SHORT KUT – THE CON IS ON is a poor show all the way. A major disappointment.