FROM O ENTERTAINMENT TO OVER-ENTERTAINMENT !
The Bollywood is back after a lull…lets hope that it will tear apart sorry chapter of the first six months of 2009. Leave the industry, we consumers were dreaded again and again, movie after movie, to movies like CC2C, Victory and numerous foooolish ones like ajay jadeja’s pal pal something something, or ek se bure do….etc. Then we have to do away with producer/exhibitors strike on petty money sharing issues (yes, its petty as we concumer have to shell out moolah to watch the horrows of cinema we are dished with huge publicity by the producers and exhibitors). It may be the case of excess entertainment now with so many movies ready to be released in a short span of time…
Let the good phase begin…
In the meantime I jotted down some of the best movies that shaped my love for Bollywood. I also tried to recall worst movies I have ever seen. Then Bollywood without songs would be like …like…like…wedding night without the bride !So my favorite songs also….
movies Top 20
These are not the order but each is the best:
- Ankhiyon ke Jharokhe se: the movie gave me shock therapy. Initially I thought that father Madan Puri will act villain as usual, but his role was shocker. Then I thought that herione would survive because of Hero love, again as usual, but she died, And I criedddd…
- Dacait: my love for Sunny Deol’s angry performance, beutifully captured ravines and powerful story line, well executed by Rahul Rawail, the Director.
- Ghayal: Action movie, was released with a romantic Aamir khan – Madhuri Starrer Dill. Sunny Paaji as Rambo, and his angry outbursts in Jail were just unmatched and awesome.
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: deadd mothers’ letters to her daughter. Just soul-stirring
- Maine Pyaar Kiya: the Rajshri movie that brought back music to Bollywood afetr the shor-sharabas of the 80’s. The movie came on Doordarshan on a Diwali evening. I recorded it on VCR and since then 26 times i have repeated ly watched the movie…the cassette still survives, the VCR era is gone.
- Border – soul stirring music by Anu Malik, strong-realistic plot. Pakistan defeated.
- Ghazini – Powerful actionfilm after a long time with Brilliant AAmir Khan..
- Veer-Zara – Qaidi No. 786 SRK, just amazing underplayed performance by him, soulful music, the scene when Rani first sees Zara Preity Zinta and we realise she is at SRK home in India was heart stirringgggggggggggggggggggggggggg…it rings even now
- Baghban – again a story that was old but potrayed in a mature manner. I cried. I loved my parents more afer that. Hema-AB rocks…
- Refugee – Raat ki hatheli par chand jagmagata hai…again a JP Dutta lavish movie, large canvassa and launching of nan affable Junior B.
- Kya Kool Hain Hum: a comedy, a laugh riot with full of double meaning twists and twirls….mazaa aa gaya thaaaaa…
- Sir – powerful Mahesh bhat film with Nasserudin Shah and Paresh Rawal providing gripping presence.
- Dhoom 1 – a hollywood style thriller with lot of oomphs and dhoooms and vroooooms. Easha i a bikini .wahhhhhh!!!
- Dhamaal – again a comic wonder. mazaa aaaya tha…paisa vasoool, fullllll.
- Ghatak – another Rajkumar Santoshi’s action flick with Sunny paaji. a scene where sunny cries with is Dada Amrish who is diagonsed with cancer
- Halla-Bol – the film with Raj Kumar Santoshi made me thinkkkkkkkkkkkk…life is so unpredictable.
- Kacchi Sadak – most have not hear about this movie as i could not get a release. But the story and performances and direction (rajesh Singh) was superb. I watche dit courtesy Moser-Baer. Amust for every cinema lover
- Zulm-ki-Hukumat – This mukul Anand directed films looks like a ricksha -wala potboiler masala film. And it is . But has strong performances by Dharmendra and Govinda who adds to Mululs Anand’s cinematic vision.
- Tum Bin – soulful songs, no frills, simple film…tum bin jeeya jae kaise, kaise jiya jaaye tum bin…
- Shiva – this RGV’s first Hindi flick strengthened m love for Bollywooood
do You agree – what’ss u’r take ? Worst movies in next blog…do send in your nominations.